You may adopt an animal upon a property inspection done by a SPCA Inspectorate. Should the requirements not meet our approval, we may turn down the application to adopt a pet.
Toti SPCA will only re-home an animal within their area of operation, being from the Umlaas Canal in the North, to Hibberdene in the South. Please seek an SPCA in your area if you wish to adopt a pet.
Adoption fees include
- The first vaccinations of the animal
- Compulsory sterilization of all male and female dogs/cats
After adoption responsibility
After the adoption process has been completed, you will be responsible for the annual vaccinations and any veterinary treatment that may be required at your own expense at your local vet.
It is a privilege and not a right to own an animal
Your new pet will be your responsibility to care for, for the rest of it's life, which could be 10 - 15 years or more...
- Have you really thought it through?
- Are you sure that you want the animal?
- Do you have the time to spend with it - socializing and playing with it?
- Can you pay for any vet treatment that it requires, if it is sick or injured?
- Is your property secured so that it can't roam in the street and cause a nuisance to man or beast?
- Can you afford to feed and house it so that it doesn't suffer?
- Will you provide shelter from the weather?